This game focuses on smell. Players take a spin on the wheel and seek out different smells either working alone or as a group. It is great for playing outdoors but equally good as a rainy day activity. Spin the wheel and discover a whole new world of smells!
You will need:
- Piece of card (back of a cereal box works great)
- Plastic straw or similar
- Split pin
How to make it:
- Cut the card into a circle and divide into 5 sections
- Make a small hole in the centre
- Take your drinking straw and cut it roughly to the width of the card.
- Make a hole in the middle of the straw and then push the split pin through the straw and thread the pin through the hole in the card. You may want to cut one end of the straw into a point or add some tape to indicate which end is the arrow.
- You can now name the smell categories on your board, the example above has; Mouldy, Sweet, Fresh, Wow, Yuck
How to play
Everyone takes a turn to spin the arrow to land on a smell. Each person must now go off and find an object that relates to that smell. Objects can either be brought back to the starting point (if they can be picked up e.g. a flower) or participants can write down, draw or remember the item if it is inappropriate to move it e.g. a tree. Items can be indoors or outdoors, natural or manmade